Sunday 23 March 2014

Different parenting ideas

We have all been there I bet like most house holds its a struggle daily, not just to get the kids to understand and do it but to actually agree with each other on how to parent the children... Now my children do not have the same dads my eldest two have one farther and my youngest are my husbands, I was 17 and 19 when I had my 2 girls and was way to young I admit this I didn't make for a very good mother my girls suffered the failures and tries of my finding my feet while I was still trying to figure myself out.. I still haven't done that.
But back to point even when you think you have your tag team strategy down, one of you will surprise the other by doing something out the blue that the other doesn’t agree on.. my husband was brought up in a house with problems worse than my own childhood home, they suffered a lose no one should suffer which haunts him still to this day, he has a farther that cared more about getting his own peace and quiet than parenting. I'm not going to go into detail, because his mother and step-farther are the most loving caring parents today that anyone could want, my children love them to bits.. but unfortunately his childhood has giving him ideas about parenting that I don’t agree with at all, he's very strict even with our 3 year old son.. dinner time at the table is military run as is bed time.. he says a good smack would sort them out it never hurt him ( I must state we never hit our children ) but you can imaging the arguments this statement alone can start, so I makes for big problems when your in the middle of trying to sort out a dilemma with a child. However I think I may have come across a way to solve this so that the arguments don’t start and the surprise acts during a parenting dilemma shouldn’t arise... a parenting contract, stating what you both agree is the right way to parent the children set everything out from bed times and how this should change as they get older to dinner time and school runs. You should also include punishment for each other when you brake the techniques, that way life shouldn’t be difficult, I will let you know how this goes when I have sat with my husband and made one I may even share a copy of it so you can take a look.
 


TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

No comments:

Post a Comment